Ten new features and improvements
November 16th, 2007
, a premier provider of quality online services to
Cub Scout Packs, Boy Scout Troops, and Girl Scout Troops
announces mutliple usability improvements
to its hosted website services -
continues to provide its customers new and upgraded features for
the same yearly cost.
The following new features and improvements are now available to all customers
- SSL Certificates - SOAR has purchased and installed SSL certificates for all *.mypack.us and *.mytroop.us domains. These are the standard domains that come with every SOAR package purchased. While secure browser communication has always been a standard features, this upgrade will remove the initial warning message that members received. An SSL certificate has been purchased for *.mygirlscout.us domains and will be avaiable for use in 2008.
- Multiple Filter Selection - Our very popular Den/Patrol/Group feature has been upgraded so that multiple groups can be selected for an event or announcement. This will greatly simplify calendar management.
- Unit Filter - A feauture has been added so that you can view just the Pack/Troop events/announcements just like you can filter out other Den/Patrol activities. This will assist members in making sure they have all the unit activities marked on their own calenedars.
- Additional Image Support - Images can now be linked anywhere in the content section of events and custom pages. This provides great flexibility in designing a website that reflects your units personality.
- Usability improvements to member management, home pages, Roster, TroopMaser/PackMaster import, and the text editor
Scouting Online, Affordable & Reliable
SOAR is dedicated to providing scouting units such as
Cub Scout Packs, Boy Scout Troops, and Girl Scout Troops with quality, reliable,
and affordable online services to help address common issues facing
scouting units today - communication, organization, and shared leadership.
Visit SOAR on the web at
are the only choice for scouting units serious about creating and
maintaining a quality unit website for their members.